Byron Bay is one of Australia’s most attractive and relaxed holiday destinations, our lighthouse sitting on the most Easterly point of Australia, makes us very spoilt for choice when it comes to surfing, from The Wreck and Tallow’s through to The Pass with so much to see and do, you will never have a dull day. Visit our National parks and stunning wildlife reserves, the bush tracks are well maintained and there is so much wildlife to see. Go with the flow. Byron Bay also boasts excellent shopping, delicious food, bustling nightlife, wonderful markets and much more. Travel to the hinterlands to find water holes and waterfalls. This makes for a great day trip. The indigenous tribes refer to Byron as a place of healing and for positive energy.
Byron Bay is a friendly place with a wide variety of characters to meet and places to go. Live music can be heard every night of the week at one of the many pubs and clubs or you can always find a relaxing place to dine at one of the hundred or so restaurants or cafés. Or maybe it is the quieter holiday you are looking for, in which case you could take a yoga class, do some meditation, get a massage, swim with the turtles, there is always a dolphin or two passing by and in season the whale watching is a must, the options are endless.
Some of the local cafes / restaurants have been listed below for your convenience.
Fishheads – Freshest seafood available, served in a relaxed contemporary environment by the beach or convenient takeaway.
Earth ‘n’ Sea Amazing Pizza & Pasta – Best Pizza in town. One of Byron’s original restaurants, operating for nearly twenty years.
Miss Margaritas – Byron’s colourful Mexican cantina opened in December 2012 and is proudly unique to Byron Bay.
Fig Tree Country Restaurant – Established 20 years, award winning. 5 kms out of Byron with rural & ocean views.
Fresh Café – Great place to meet and be seen, music and great coffee.
The Balcony – Located in one of Byron Bay’s last historical buildings, a great place to enjoy a cold beer, an exquisite cocktail with delicious tapas or choose from an extensive dining menu and award winning wine list.
Italian at the Pacific – A contemporary Italian Byron Bay restaurant – offers fresh, generous and distinctive meals in a warm and inviting setting.
The Farm– Principally a working farm situated in Ewingsdale. A great place to take children with a park, fresh produce and farm animals. Also home to ‘Three Blue Ducks’ restaurant.
Cool Katz Café – Situated in the heart of Byron Bay. Great coffee, great food & a great place to meet!
Espresso Head Café – Serving fantastic coffee and light food.
Muoi’s feast – Muoi’s Feast has been serving European Asian fusion cuisine since 2003.
Calendar of events which caters for the music lover to the food and book lovers.
– Flickerfest Short Film Festival.
– Australia Day Paddle. http://australiadaypaddle.com.au/
– Byron Bay International Film Festival. http://www.bbff.com.au/
– Byron Spirit Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/byron-spirit-festival
– Blues and Roots Festival. http://www.bluesfest.com.au/
– Byron Bay Winter Whales Ocean Swim Classic. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/byron-bay-winter-whales-ocean-swim-classic
– Byron Bay Triathlon and Multisport Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/byron-bay-tri-multisport-festival
– Bangalow Billy Cart Derby. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/bangalow-billy-cart-derby
– Brunswick Heads Old and Gold Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/old-and-gold-festival
– Lismore Lantern Parade. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/lismore-lantern-parade
– Splendour in the Grass Festival. http://www.splendourinthegrass.com
– Back to Brunswick Hot Rod Shows. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/back-brunswick-hot-rod-show
– Byron Bay Writers’ Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/byron-bay-writers-festival
– Bangalow BBQ and Bluesgrass Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/bangalow-bbq-bluegrass-festival
– Bangalow Music Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/bangalow-music-festival
– Bangalow Sample Food Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/sample-food-festival
– Byron Bay Lighthouse Run. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/byron-lighthouse-run
– Byron Bay Surf Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/byron-bay-surf-festival
– Byron Latin Fiesta. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/byron-latin-fiesta
– Mullumbimby Show. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/mullumbimby-show
– Mullum Music Festival. http://www.byron-bay.com/events/mullum-music-festival-0
– Christmas and New Years Eve celebrations.